Monday, July 19, 2010

Big Girl Bed

We transitioned the nursery into the girls' room this weekend.

I always seem to wait until we pass the 24-week gestation mark to take such bold steps.

Missy and sleep has been one of the biggest challenges in my evolution as a parent. The one that blew my confidence out of the water. Which also made it so gratifying when I could put her in her crib awake and she would fall asleep on her own without crying. It took us nearly two years to get there, but we made it.

So it was with much trepidation that I approached THE BIG GIRL BED.

We kept the crib in the room as back-up - also because Sissy will occupy it in a scant few months. And gave her the option between the two. Big Girl Bed won, although there was a moment of hesitation.

We listened on the monitor last night as she chatted away, obviously quite pleased at the new freedoms such furniture allowed. I checked on her at one point to find that she had deposited every last book from her armoire onto her duvet.

Apparently she likes to read in bed.

No comments: