Monday, May 12, 2008

Thoughts on yesterday

Hope abides; therefore I abide.
Countless frustrations have not cowed me
I am still alive, vibrant with life.
The black cloud will disappear.
The morning sun will appear once again
All in its supernatural glory.

- Sri Chinmoy

# # #

I copied down this poem off the blog of another (who no longer blogs and has removed her site so I can't even point you in her direction). I've never had the urge to get a tattoo, however, if I were to get one, it would be this poem. But maybe in Sanskrit or in some other beautiful-fonted language.

I think this poem is so appropriate for the ambivalent feelings many might have towards Mother's Day. For whatever our reasons.

Maybe it reminds us of what we are going through now.

Maybe it reminds us of struggles we've conquered. Or are in the process of conquering.

Maybe it reminds us of someone who is no longer there and the sadness that enveloped us after their departure.

I thought this poem should live on in this circle.

I look at my hand-scribbled version on the back of my notebook everyday.

1 comment:

Wordgirl said...

This is beautiful and exactly the words I needed.

I think I'll copy them down to have somewhere.


Thank you Ms. Planner, for your thoughtful spirit.

xo

Pam