Thursday, May 8, 2008

95% there

...With the room.

I hemmed and hawed over bookcases and then found this antique pine armoire, which was marked down for a song. I have a thing for old pine armoires. This is the 4th one in our house. It holds toys, books and a pile of clothes that have yet to be washed and hung. Next weekend.

Here is the vintage secretary's desk I painted. The attached changing pad can come off when Missy is out of diapers and then we'll use it as her desk. We still need to hang the Shaker rack over the changing table.

Those effing curtains - lined and all - are 9 freaking feet long. Each.


Sorry I haven't been posting or commenting. As you can see, I've been on a mission this week.

12 comments:

Newt said...

Wow, it looks great! Love the colors, and that desk is gorgeous!

Wordgirl said...

And mission accomplished I'd say -- what a beautiful, loving calm and welcoming room.

It's GORGEOUS.


xo

Pam

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I love it. I especially love that it has a very distinctive and coordinated look without looking even remotely played out or overdone -- very classic and timeless. Amazing work.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

It's a beautiful and tranquil room.

How exciting is this!?

Waiting Amy said...

I love it! It looks so serene! I love using antiques and re-purposed furniture. Is the crib wood or metal? It's lovely.

Great Job!

JJ said...

That is one of the most peaceful nursery layouts I have ever seen...simply beautiful. Cant wait until Missy is occupying it!

Geohde said...

Thinking positivey, when I get close to term I relish the chance to create a room as nice!

J

christina(apronstrings) said...

or you kidding me? so.freakin.cute.

Carrie said...

That is such a beautiful colour. I love the room.

She's a lucky girl!

Malloryn said...

It's just beautiful! You guys did a wonderful job.

Anns said...

Oh but it looks so serene and lovely!
I am so jealous... but only 16 more days 'til we move and I can start setting up a room for our little man.

Looking good though, looking good!

Meg said...

Oh you crazy nester!

You have been very busy and it is coming out beautifully.