Monday, December 20, 2010

Random Market Research - please participate!

One of the things I love most about this blog is my blogroll on the right hand side. I have enjoy immensely watching (and reading) the new blogs that everyone creates as they leave the world of IF and get on with real life.

It's like the IF blog was only just a glimpse into the otherwise diverse and multi-dimensional lives we all lead. And my life beyond IF belongs to the mountains.

When we're not in the mountains, we pine for the mountains. The rhythm of our year revolves around snow season. Our friends know not even to call us for weekend dinner plans until May. Others can count on us to jump into the car at a moment's notice for a quick road trip for some good skiing - even with kids in tow.

So I want my new blog to be a place for mountain mommas, even if you're just going to be one for a quick weekend trip to the Rockies. Because being a momma in the mountains takes gumption and planning. And usually a lot of gear.

What you will find there are gear reviews for the best kid's outdoor products. And tips on introducing kids to the mountains. And musings from the momma of mountain girls and the wife of a ski patroller.

What you won't find are fleece jester hats for kids. Because those are just plain wrong.

And because the mountains demand that you never take yourself too seriously in them, I want to call my new blog "Mountain MILF."

What do you think?

Honestly.

(And if you don't know what a MILF is, please email me.)

2 comments:

B. said...

AMEN! I am tired of my daughter being referred to as a boy whenever she's not wearing pink... outdoor gear or otherwise. I, too, refuse to buy pink "gear." For gosh sakes, don't clothing manufacturers have any common sense? Whatever happened to purple and yellow and green and red and orange and all the other colors they can use? I'd probably even spend more money on something useful in fun colors than the same item in baby blue or pink.

stickybun07 said...

So, I love that you're going to keep blogging! I've actually been thinking of starting another because I kind of miss it. And I love the mountain motif.

I have to admit that I generally don't like the term MILF. (does that make me sound humorless?) but that's because it's impossible for me to not think of obnoxious frat boys when I hear it.

Though, come to think of it, perhaps that's an argument in FAVOR of using it--to give it another (tongue-in-cheek) association...

Tough call. :-)